WORKPLACE SAFETY & HEALTH OFFICERS / COORDINATORS
Outsource WSH Safety Officer Services
Outsourcing Workplace Safety & Health (WSH) is one of the finest decisions a company can make nowadays. Obtaining safety officer services from a third party has become a rapidly growing trend in Singapore and is capable of saving both time and money for your firm.
Most importantly, it enables your organisation to devote more resources to other areas without exception. WSH outsourcing allows various businesses to focus on their core operations while assuring their commitment to environmental, health, and safety considerations.
Is It Mandatory to Appoint WSH Officers/WSH Coordinators at Your Worksite?
Workplace Safety and Health (WSHO) Officers
According to regulations, the following workplaces must appoint a WSHO to provide safety coordinator services:
- Shipyards in which any ships, tankers and other vessels are constructed, reconstructed, repaired, refitted, finished or broken up.
- Factories used for processing petroleum or petroleum products.
- Factories that carry out building operations or engineering construction projects worth $10 million or more.
- Any other factory employing 100 or more people, excluding those used to manufacture garments.
Coordinators of Workplace Safety and Health (WSHC)
Appointing a Workplace Safety and Health Coordinator is required by legislation for any worksite where the contract sum of the building operations or works of engineering construction carried out is less than $10 million.
Assure Safety provides both safety officer services and safety coordinator services to fulfil these requirements.
Why Assure Safety?
WSH compliance is a duty best delegated to a professional in safety consultancy. When you choose Assure Safety, you will be engaging with a team of specialists. Each member typically will have their own area of expertise, and as a group, they will collaborate to achieve your company’s WSH goals and objectives. Furthermore, they will assist you in launching relevant and results-driven initiatives that will lead to success.
WSH consultancy is committed to making the environment of the workplace safer and healthier in order to maintain productivity. Workplace safety and health protocols are necessary for all employees, regardless of the size or type of organisation. Safety consultancy services protect employees, as well as equipment and commercial property. Avoiding or reducing injuries and damage to equipment and facilities will result in lower expenses and increased profit for a company.
A Workplace Safety & Health Officer is a safety expert who is well-versed in occupational safety, health, and environment. A WSHO’s primary responsibility is to protect lives and prevent damage to property and the environment.
The Workplace Safety and Health Officer is responsible for implementing and maintaining the organisation’s WSH processes to promote a safe workplace. They investigate incidents and identify circumstances of non-compliance with organisational procedures and legal WSH requirements.
Professionals in safety consultancy perform two critical functions:
(1) They keep workers safe by assessing and eliminating workplace safety hazards.
(2) They assist businesses in achieving compliance by simplifying complicated state and federal occupational workplace regulations, such as Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards.