First Aid for Elderly at Home (Home-Based)
This course provides necessary knowledge on emergency management and the provision of basic medical care to elderly folk experiencing a sudden injury or illness.
- Understanding the first aid concepts and applying appropriate emergency management systems within the home.
- Ensuring an effective response to emergencies such as head injuries, stroke, burns, falls, etc.
- Understanding proper wound management techniques.
- Carrying out basic first aid management.
- Performing first aid procedures.
Original Course Fee: $200.00
After $190 Caregiver Training Grant (CTG) Subsidy: $10.00
Care recipient’s place of residence.
How to Qualify:
- The care recipient must be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident
- The care recipient must be aged 65 and older, OR have a disability as assessed by a doctor.
- The caregiver must be the person in charge of caring for the care recipient. This can include family members and foreign domestic workers.
- The caregiver must complete the training course and receive a certificate of attendance if there is one.
Note: Each care recipient’s Caregiver Training Grant (CTG) is capped at $200 per calendar year.