Fire Safety Managers
All Public or Industrial Buildings which satisfy at least one of the following conditions are required to appoint a fire safety manager:
a) Public Building (inclusive of Commercial Buildings)
- is of 9 storeys or more (including any basement) in height.
- is used, constructed or adapted to be used as a hospital.
- has a floor area of 5000 square meters or more.
- has an occupant load of 1000 persons or more.
b) Industrial Buildings
- has a floor area or site area of 5000 square meters or more.
- has an occupant load of 1,000 persons or more.