Caring for Persons with Dementia (Home-Based)
This course provides necessary knowledge and skills to caregivers and this will allow them to respond accordingly to the ever-changing demands of a person with dementia.
- Understanding the fundamentals of dementia.
- Identifying the care recipient’s psychological and emotional needs.
- Implementing medication management regimes.
- Performing appropriate physical care for care recipients with dementia.
- Identifying various support and resource platforms for persons with dementia.
Original Course Fee: $200.00
After $190 Caregiver Training Grant (CTG) Subsidy: $10.00
Care recipient’s place of residence
How to Qualify for the CTG Grant:
- The care recipient must be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident
- The care recipient must be aged 65 and older, OR have a disability as assessed by a doctor.
- The caregiver must be the person in charge of caring for the care recipient. This can include family members and foreign domestic workers.
- The caregiver must complete the training course and receive a certificate of attendance if there is one.
Note: Each care recipient’s Caregiver Training Grant (CTG) is capped at $200 per calendar year.