Basic Home Care Skills (Home-Based)
This course provides necessary techniques and knowledge on how a caregiver can provide quality care while ensuring a comfortable environment for both the care recipient and the caregiver.
- Understanding basic and effective communication methods between caregivers and care recipients.
- Recognising early warning signs of health issues and illnesses (such as dementia), ways to check for basic vital signs and managements of chronic illnesses.
- Maintaining personal hygiene of both caregiver and care recipient.
- Mastering movement and mobility skills including proper bathing techniques and lift-and-carry techniques.
- Understanding feeding, medicinal and waste management techniques.
Original Course Fee: $200.00
After $190 Caregiver Training Grant (CTG) Subsidy: $10.00
Care recipient’s place of residence.
How to Qualify:
- The care recipient must be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- The care recipient must be aged 65 and older, OR have a disability as assessed by a doctor.
- The caregiver must be the person in charge of caring for the care recipient. This can include family members and foreign domestic workers.
- The caregiver must complete the training course and receive a certificate of attendance if there is one.
Note: Each care recipient’s Caregiver Training Grant (CTG) is capped at $200 per calendar year.