An comprehensive package of data protection services that allows your company to train
in-house Data Protection Officer (DPO) and implement Data Protection Management and
Data Breach Management Programs. In addition, we also provide professional advisories in
operational compliance with data protection regulations.
What is Data Protection-as-a-Service?
- It is a suite of Data Protection Services that allows your organisation to engage in training or supporting of your own DPO, or to outsource Data Protection Services to help your organisation set up a Data Protection Management Programme or to gain Data Protection support and certifications.
What is included in the package of DPaaS?
- The DPaaS Programme makes it easier for SMEs to outsource data protection functions and helps SMEs in strengthening their data protection capabilities. DPaaS provides basic data protection practices to SMEs to enhance consumer trust and to maximize business value.
- Data Protection Management
- Data Breach Management
- Training and Communications
What can Data Protection-as-a-Service do for Businesses?
- DPaaS is a bundle of services that helps businesses achieve compliance with the Personal Data Privacy Act (PDPA) through a systematic and operational approach.With Data Protection as-a-Service (DPaaS), businesses can enhance their data protection practices and support with security and flexibility of recovery options through a variety of features that are available.
Must all organisations appoint a Data Protection Officer?
- All businesses, including sole proprietorships, are required to appoint a Data Protection Officer (DPO) who is responsible for ensuring that the company complies with the PDPA.
- Organizations must also make at least one DPO’s business contact information available to the public. The business contact information could be the company’s general phone number or email address.The DPO may be a person whose main responsibility is data protection or a person with several tasks who takes on this function as one of them. To be clear, it is the organization’s responsibility to comply with the PDPA.
What we offer to our clients
Appoint a DPO and business contact information is made available to the public
Develop a Data Protection (DP) Policy
Data Protection Management Program
Establish a data breach management team
Appoint DPO(Data Protection Officer)
- a well-trained personnel is officially register with ACRA under your company to be your DPO.
Organisations are require to assign not less than one individual, known as the Data Protection Officer (DPO), to regulate the information assurance obligations inside the organisation and guarantee compliance with the PDPA.
PDPA Policies and Procedures
Drafting of required data protection polices, agreement and procedures demonstrate accountability
Review existing agreements and defined appropriate data protection polices and procedures to be included so as to show compliance to PDPA.
Under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA), organisations are required to develop and implement policies and practices that are necessary to meet its obligations under the PDPA.
Data Protection Management Programme (DPMP)
- Develop of Data Inventory Maps (DIM)
- Risk assessment and mitigation advise from quarterly audit results.
- Develop organisation’s data breach management plan
Evaluate your organisation’s data management framework and processes to ensure compliance with the PDPA, such as determining how, when, and where personal data is collected, the purposes for the data collection, and ensuring that consent for the collection, use, and disclosure of the data has been obtained. A systematic data breach management plan will be used in the unlikely event that a data breach occurs.
Training & Guidance
- Develop a staff training and communications plan
To keep up-to-date with PDPA amendments and guidelines on a quarterly basis.
Assure Safety will advice suitable courses for advancements on the competency and understanding for in-house DPOs to attend.
Looking for a more customised Data Protection package?
We also personalise DPO support to your specific needs, depending on the level of assistance you required or your relevant business needs. Advisory on incident response management, Data Protection Impact Assessment, Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and more are available. Message us to find out more!
Why Assure Safety